We thought we'd share some highlights with you
We’ve had a very busy year, but we are certainly not complaining! We’ve had some great accomplishments, too many to mention, so we thought we would share some highlights with you.
As of November 2015:
- ECD training complete, with 17 practitioners receiving a certificate from ASHA Trust, read more about it in the next article.
- Partnerships with 24 day care centres in the communities
- Strong relationship with Uhambo Foundation established, which has improved the support given to The Bophelong Stimulation Centre for disabled children
- We have received four shipping containers of food from Crossroads Church in the US
- 17 ladies have been trained in beadwork and sewing skills, each receiving a monthly income
- A monthly average of 45 children attend Topsy’s After School Centre which is run by a qualified school teacher
- On average 550 home-based care visits are performed each month by our Community Health Care Workers
- 29 communal vegetable gardens have been established, benefiting approximately 3,424 beneficiaries per month
- 1600 Santa Shoeboxes were handed out to children from the communities
- 2600 medical male circumcisions targeted annually
- 450 cervical cancer screenings targeted annually